Recipe by Ben's Mom
A rich and creamy soup that is from a great friend of ours. We could eat this once a week during the winter months and is great reheated.
Top Review by bakerbailey
Outstanding!!! I didn't have heavy cream and used half and half and just loved it. Will definitely do this again. (this time with heavy cream) :) Really appreciate your sharing this recipe. Thank you.
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups potatoes, pieces
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot cook 1st four ingredients until potatoes are soft.
- Combine flour and butter and cook over medium-low heat until a smooth paste is formed (approx. 2 minutes) Thicken potato mixture with flour mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Simmer until creamy, at least 30 minutes.
- We enjoy a thicker soup so I double the flour and butter or add a 1/2 of the small cube of velveeta at the final step.