1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Potato Soup
1 hr 10 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This recipe was submitted to the cookbook by the Tallman Family. They run a potato processing plant in town. So, it make sense they submitted a potato recipe. As with so many of these recipes, they didn't specify how many servings it made so I am guessing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large Dutch oven melt margarine.
- 2Brown the sausage and drain off all but 1 tablespoon of dripping.
- 3Add all other ingredients except egg yolk, flour and milk.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer until potatoes are tender.
- 5Mix yolk and flour until pea-size and crumbly.
- 6Add to soup, stirring constantly.
- 7Cook for one to two minutes.
- 8Add milk and heat.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 650.0
- Calories from Fat 371
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 128.8 mg
- Sodium 2348.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 30.9 g