Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great summer dish that tastes even better if made the day before.
- 8 medium potatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- fresh black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (low fat is fine)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 -4 radishes, sliced thinly
- Cook peeled potatoes until tender firm, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and dice potatoes- season with oil and vinegar while still warm.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables.
- Mix mustard with mayonnaise and blend with potato mixture.
- Add eggs and parsley and toss again.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, adding more mayonnaise if needed.
- Garnish with radish slices and paprika.
- Cool,cover and refrigerate overnight.
Usually my partner likes very creamy salads, but he preferred this one because the flavouring is so nice. And to top it off, its low fat. Perfect for my low fat, low sodium diet.
May I say what a delicious potato salad this is. Out of all the recipes I looked at on zaar, I chose this one because of the oil n vinegar mix applied to the potatoes before everything else, which reduces the mayonnaise content. I used an entire medium yellow pepper in place of the green. Had it in the fridge for 6 hrs before I took it to a potluck. This recipe exceeded my expectations. Thanks, Kate in Ontario!