Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Quick, easy, delicious, just like your mom used to make.
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Dredge beef in flour, place in greased skillet and brown on all sides to seal in juices.
- Lay sliced onions on top of roast.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water over roast, cover and bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for 30 minutes longer.
- Tip: After baking for 2 hours, you may add potatoes and carrots and bake for 1 hour longer.