Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
An old family favorite that my grandmother used to make.
Make and share this Old Fashioned Pork Chop, Apple, and Sweet Potato Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- salt and pepper
- 6 pork loin chops (1-inch thick, trimmed of fat)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 medium granny smith apples, peeled,cored,and cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider (may substitute beer, dry white wine, vermouth, or cola)
- Mix together the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow dish or flat plate.
- Dredge the pork chops in flour mixture; tap each pork chop to knock off any excess flour.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat; brown chops on both sides, drain, then place chops in a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer 1/2 the sweet potatoes over the chops.
- Sprinkle with 1/3 brown sugar; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer 1/2 the apples over the sweet potatoes; sprinkle with 1/3 brown sugar.
- Layer with remaining sweet potatoes, apples, and sugar.
- Pour cider over chops, potatoes, and apples.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour, 15 minutes.
- Uncover and bake about 15 more minutes or until slightly browned.