1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Popcorn Balls
1 hr 10 mins
I made these with my grandmother for years. They are soft and delicious- and NOT made with marshmallow fluff! If using bag popcorn- make sure it is not buttered and use 2-3 bags.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat popcorn in oven at 300 degrees.
- 2Stir and cook sugar, karo, water, butter and salt until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Continue cooking WITHOUT stirring until mixture reaches 270 degrees on candy thermometer, (can use a kitchen thermometer) or until syrup forms a soft ball in cold water.
- 4Add vanilla and pour slowly over popcorn.
- 5Mix well.
- 6Dip hands in water and form balls.
- 7Wrap in plastic wrap and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (1115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 138.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 24.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g