Old Fashioned Pizzells Made With Hand Held Pizzelle Iron.
- sift flour and baking powder.
- melt butter set aside.
- beat egg until foamy
- add sugar to egg abd beat.
- add cooled butter and anise to egg.
- slowly add flour mixing by hand until dough it doesn't stick to hands, this will take 7 or eight cups of flower.
- make balls a little smaller than golf balls just like making meatballs. heat both sides.
- of hand held iron on medium flame till water beads off of iron. use three balls placing them towards the center of iron. squeeze tightly for about 30 seconds on each side they should fall off just by opening iron. you might have to use a butter knife to ease them off the iron.