Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
You wont find Corn Syrup in this recipe! Original recipe is from Cooks Country-as good as they are it still needed more pecans!
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 large egg yolks
- 2 cups pecans, toasted and chopped
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells, chilled
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place oven rack to the lowest position.
- Over medium heat stir together the maple syrup, sugar, cream and molasses stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk in butter and salt.
- Whisk in egg yolks until well combined.
- Remove pie shell from fridge.
- Scatter pecans evenly and slowly pour in syrup mixture.
- Place pie in center of rack, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- Bake until center jiggles slightly when gently shaken, between 45 and 60 minutes. You may need to make a foil tent if your oven runs hot-you dont want the nuts or crust to burn.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
- Chill for at least 3 hours.
fantastic recipe. it won a taste test with 15 tasters
tried it with roasted hazelnuts, even better
You have to use a large pie crust because this is a LOT of pie! But oh, my, I love this pie!