1 hr 5 mins
You wont find Corn Syrup in this recipe! Original recipe is from Cooks Country-as good as they are it still needed more pecans!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Place oven rack to the lowest position.
- 3Over medium heat stir together the maple syrup, sugar, cream and molasses stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- 5Whisk in butter and salt.
- 6Whisk in egg yolks until well combined.
- 7Remove pie shell from fridge.
- 8Scatter pecans evenly and slowly pour in syrup mixture.
- 9Place pie in center of rack, reduce heat to 325 degrees.
- 10Bake until center jiggles slightly when gently shaken, between 45 and 60 minutes. You may need to make a foil tent if your oven runs hot-you dont want the nuts or crust to burn.
- 11Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack for 1 to 2 hours.
- 12Chill for at least 3 hours.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 659.4
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 173.9 mg
- Sodium 288.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 53.0 g
- Protein 6.3 g