I know, I know, we shouldn't be eating fried foods. But once in a while you just want some plain old-fashioned good eats! If you don't have a wok, just use a frying pan or deep fryer. From Southern Living, Feb. 1986.
My Private Note
dozen ( ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 2 TB powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 2Slice pears 3/8 inch thick. Dip each slice in lemon juice mixture.
- 3Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a small mixing bowl.
- 4Combine beaten egg and milk; add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- 5Fill wok with oil half the depth of wok; heat to 360°F
- 6Dip pear slices in batter. Fry 1-2 minutes per side or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- 7Dust with powdered sugar and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Pear Fritters (Wok)
Serving Size: 1 (1296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 592.9
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 117.1 mg
- Sodium 552.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 125.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.6 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 13.8 g