Recipe by LoriLee in TX
An old recipe that my Sunday School teacher used to make for us during the holidays.
- 2 cups raw peanuts
- 2⁄3 cup white Karo
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except peanut butter in large heavy pan.
- Cook until the mixture reaches soft-ball stage.
- Remove from heat and add peanut butter.
- Beat with a wooden spoon until thick and the candy loses it's glossy look.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto buttered foil, buttered foil pans, or buttered muffin tins. Let cool.