Recipe by Claire #3
Looking for the criss cross peanut butter cookies you used to eat as a child? Here they are. This is the best plain old peanut butter cookie I've found.
Top Review by Normaone
Claire, these were perfect, exactly how a peanut butter cooky should be. I didn't have crunchy peanut butter, so I threw in some chopped peanuts at the end of mixing to add a little extra crunch. They are wonderful cookies. My DH says thanks!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar, scant
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown and granulated sugars.
- Add the peanut butter and egg; beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir with whisk to combine.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture, stirring well after each addition to blend.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.