Looking for the criss cross peanut butter cookies you used to eat as a child? Here they are. This is the best plain old peanut butter cookie I've found.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown and granulated sugars.
- Add the peanut butter and egg; beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir with whisk to combine.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture, stirring well after each addition to blend.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.