Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Looking for the criss cross peanut butter cookies you used to eat as a child? Here they are. This is the best plain old peanut butter cookie I've found.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together the butter, brown and granulated sugars.
- Add the peanut butter and egg; beat well.
- In a small bowl, combine the sifted flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir with whisk to combine.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture, stirring well after each addition to blend.
- Add vanilla and beat well.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on greased cookie sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Flatten each ball with a fork in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges.
Claire, these were perfect, exactly how a peanut butter cooky should be. I didn't have crunchy peanut butter, so I threw in some chopped peanuts at the end of mixing to add a little extra crunch. They are wonderful cookies. My DH says thanks!
These cookies are delicious! My 3 year old is a peanut butter lover and just ate 4 of these! Wonderful flavor and texture. These are a keeper in our house!
These are absolutely PERFECT! I doubled the recipe and made these to take to Christmas dinner with friends and family, and they were devoured. There were none left over by the end of the night. Very easy to make and they have the perfect texture. These are just like the ones my mom used to make but the recipe was lost long ago. Thanks for sharing the fantastic recipe - it's been added to my collection of very favorite recipes!