Prep 25 mins
Cook 7 mins
A favorite recipe from 'Better Homes and Gardens'
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- In a large mixing bowl beat the butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, and baking powder. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Beat in as much as the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in remaining flour.
- Shape dough into 2 inch balls. Roll in additional sugar to coat.
- Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten by making crisscross marks with the tines of a fork.
- Bake cookies in a 375 degree oven for 7-9 minutes or until bottoms of cookies are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
very good!! i've made them since I was little with my mom and they've turned out perfect every time!