2 hrs 15 mins
Serve this pie when it's at its best - on the day it's made. This is one of my favorite peach pie recipes. It has a streusel topping. The amount of time to make includes chilling dough and cooling pie. I got this from Woman's Day magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces, Plus
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1To make crust in food processor: Stir water and yolk in a 1-cup measure or small bowl to blend.
- 2Pulse flour and butter until coarse crumbs form. With motor running, add yolk mixture. Process just until dough leaves sides of bowl. Remove blade, then dough.
- 3By hand: Mix water and yolk as above. Put flour in a medium bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Add yolk mixture; stir with a fork until crumbs clump together to form a dough.
- 5Gather dough into a ball, flatten into a disk, wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, or until firm enough to roll out.
- 7Mix sugar and flour in a large bowl. Add peaches and sprinkle with lemon juice; toss until evenly coated with sugar mixture.
- 9Put ingredients in a small bowl. Work with fingers or a fork to form coarse crumbs.
- 10Heat oven to 375 degrees. Have ready a 9-inch pie plate and foil-lined baking sheet.
- 11On a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin, roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit into pie plate.
- 12Roll overhang of crust up over edges to form an even rim. Flute or crimp edge.
- 13Spoon in filling, then sprinkle with streusel.
- 14Place pie on lined baking sheet (to catch any drips).
- 15Bake 45-50 minutes until pastry is golden-brown and peaches are tender when pierced. Remove to wire rack. Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
- 16Tip: To peel peaches easily, immerse them in boiling water 20-30 seconds, then immediately plunge them into ice water to stop cooking. Peel off skin with your fingers or a small knife.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.1
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.7 mg
- Sodium 42.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 46.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g