Old Fashioned Peach Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in 13x9 metal baking pan.
- In heavy saucepan, combine peaches (undrained), 1 cup sugar, 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil.
- In small bowl, combine 3/4 cup water & cornstarch then add to peach mixture.
- Return to boil.
- In mixing bowl, combine 1-1/2 cups sugar, the self-rising flour, vanilla and enough milk to make a thin batter. (a little thinner than a pancake batter).
- Pour hot peaches into pan with melted butter, and pour batter all over peach mixture.
- Top with cinnamon/sugar mixture and bake for 30 minutes it's or until golden brown.