Prep 45 mins
Cook 11 hrs
Wonderful peach butter! Using a slow cooker eliminates a lot of stirring!
Make and share this Old-Fashioned Peach Butter - Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 14 cups peaches, chopped and peeled
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; mix well.
- Transfer to a 5 qt slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or until peaches are very soft, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tapioca.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Pour into freezer containers; cool to room temp, about 1 hour.
- Refrigerate or freeze.