Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another one from my mom. I associate this with springtime but it is good year round. From Gooseberry Patch's Hometown Favorites Cookbook.
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- In a mixing bowl, add the first 4 ingredients; stir to combine.
- In a smaller bowl, add the mayonnaise and sour cream; stir to blend.
- Spoon the mayo mixture over the pea mixture; gently stir to coat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- This tastes better to me chilled so I let it refrigerate 4-6 hours before serving.
Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm!!! I had to take my photo before I ate this whole bowl!! I LOVE this salad! I used a 16 oz package of peas because that's all I could find and it worked with the recipe. I used 1/4 tsp pepper and 1/4 tsp Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Thank you, Thank you for this recipe!!!!!