Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My grandmother was taught this by her ganny many moons ago, but it's still going strong in my family you can use whole partridges, quartered if you cannot get the breasts. If you can gt small new potatoes, wash and keep the skins on
- 4 partridge breasts
- 4 large onions
- 1⁄2 lb peas
- 1 glass white wine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lard
- 1 cup stock (chicken)
- salt and pepper
- 8 small potatoes, boiled
- Fry all ingredients except potatoes, wine and stock.
- place in a casserole and gently cook for 1/4 an hour.
- add wine and broth and cook until tender.
- add potatoes and serve with vegetables of your choice.
- use the liquid to make a sauce and pour over partridges.