1/2 Photos of Old Fashioned Pan Rolls
2 hrs 30 mins
These were my favorite rolls growing up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, pour milk over ½ cup butter. Stir occasionally until butter is melted.
- 2Meanwhile, sprinkle yeast and ¼ t. sugar over water. Let stand 5 minutes or until foamy. Stir remaining sugar, eggs, salt and yeast mixture into milk mixture. Stir in 4 cups of the flour and beat until smooth. Gradually stir in remaining flour to make soft dough. Cover, let rest for 10 minutes.
- 3On a lightly floured surface, knead for 8-10 minutes or until no longer sticky, adding as little extra flour as possible. Divide dough in half. Place half of dough into a greased bowl. Turn to coat surface. Cover and refrigerate. Shape remaining dough into 12 2-inch balls. Place on a greased 9 x 1 ½ inch round pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, until almost doubled- about 55 minutes.
- 4Bake in pre-heated 375° oven for 25-30 minutes or until browned. Brush with butter. Cool on a wire rack.
- 5To bake refrigerated dough: follow shaping, rising and baking instructions, allowing about 1 hour and 45 minutes for rising.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Pan Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 39.9 mg
- Sodium 210.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g