- 1 cup uncooked quick oatmeal
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted and cooled
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla or 1⁄2 teaspoon other extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the oats and buttermilk in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, add the egg and margarine.
- Stir just to blend.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to wet mixture along with the extract.
- Stir to moisten.
- If too thick, add extra buttermilk.
- Cook on a sprayed griddle or skillet til bubbles appear, then flip and cook about the same amount of time.
- Serve with syrup.