Recipe by wife2abadge
These are very good, either as a drop cookie or a bar cookie. They're good with raisins, semi-sweet chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, or peanut butter chips.
- 2 1⁄2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually beat them in until just combined.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees or until golden brown.
- Cool 5 minutes on the cookie sheets.
- Transfer to racks to cool.
- As a pan cookie, use a jelly roll pan and bake 25 minutes.