Recipe by Belloo
These are my absolute favourite cookies. The only thing I don't like about them is how fast they disappear! I have listed the original recipe but I usually change it up a bit. I like to use whole-wheat flour, reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup white and 1/2 cup brown. I like to add ground flaxseed, nuts and/or sunflower seeds. And I always use craisins (dried, sweetened cranberries) instead of raisins or chocolate. Mmmm... delicious and nutritious.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins or 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together sugar, butter, brown sugar and egg.
- Add flour, oatmeal, wheat germ, coconut, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add raisins or chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by the tsp full onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a floured fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes.