Recipe by Barb G.
Good for the heart and tasty also.
Top Review by Bev
There's nothing like the smell of bread baking! This recipe smells heavenly. Nice texture, with a slightly sweet taste but not over-powdering. Can't wait to try it with peanut butter! I know this will also make great toast! Thanks for a great new bread recipe, Barb!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats or 1⁄2 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons dry milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 3⁄4 teaspoons dry yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake on Sweet Bread cycle.
- Recipe is for large loaf (1. 5 lb).
- Measure all ingredients EXACTLY- close is not"good enough".
- Water temperature must be between 70 and 80 degrees.
- Load ingredients in the pan IN THE ORDER LISTED.
- Keep yeast away from liquid, Make indention in flour for yeast.