1/1 Photo of Old Fashioned Northland Corn Chowder
1 hr 15 mins
Chef #630984~Scarrier's Note:
This is a magnificent chowder recipe passed down from my VERY large family. This can easily feed 20 people. One large stock pot needed for this recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 -1 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 cups potatoes, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups corn
- 1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and diced
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a Large stock pot :Sauté the onion and celery in butter until soft.
- 2Add potatoes, chicken broth and water. Simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- 3Mash the potatoes just a little to make chowder thicker.
- 4Add milk, corn, bacon, and eggs.
- 5Sprinkle with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- 6Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 7Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Northland Corn Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.0
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 732.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.2 g