Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
finaly a real cheesecake none of that low-carb junk dont bother counting caleries enjoy yourself, have a slice of heaven.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 lbs cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar and mix well.
- Press onto bottom of springform pan and bake until golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- When completely cooled, butter the sides of the pan.
- Increase oven temperature to 500 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, sugar, zests and vanilla and beat until light and creamy.
- Add the flour, then the eggs and yolks 1 at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream and mix until smooth. Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 12 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake for 1 hour more.
- Transfer cake to a cooling rack and let cool completely. Refrigerate cake overnight before serving.
- To serve, Slice with a knife dipped in hot water and wiped with a clean cloth, and serve.
Cake was good but the crust was a bit burnt. I will make this cheesecake again but turn down the oven to 475 degrees.
My husband and I went to dinner at a neighbors house. I brought this for dessert, with a tub of sliced sweetened strawberries for a topper. The texture was fabulous and the directions were right on. Great recipe I will be making this again for sure. Thanks so much for posting Food Frenzy!
if i did not know better i would think that i got it from juniors