Recipe by Terri G Miller
Old fashioned beef stew with some new fangled additions. Makes enough for a crowd, or enough for two with plenty leftover to refrigerate or freeze for later.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 lbs round steaks, cut into chunks
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 10 mushrooms
- 1 can beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup sherry wine
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cloves garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, dry onion soup mix, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add round steak and coat well.
- Add the celery, carrots, onions,& potatoes to the coated steak and mix well.
- Pour steak and vegetable mixture into a very large crock pot.
- Combine liquids (beef broth, red wine, sherry, mushroom soup) and garlic in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour liquids over steak and vegetable mixture.
- Arrange mushrooms on top.
- Cover and look on low 6-8 hours or until done.