Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This came from a friend. Delicious with morning coffee and fresh from the oven!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix well.
- Cut in butter and shortening until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Combine milk, vanilla and eggs and blueberries.
- Add to dry mix until just moistened.
- Spoon into prepared pan filling each cup 3/4 full.
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- Cool five minutes before serving.
- *Variation: leave out the blueberries and reduce cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
Great muffins! These muffins are named well. They looked like old-fashioned muffins! Nicely browned on top with a crisp crust. Tender on the inside and so yummy. Thank you for posting. Made for Bargain Basement in the Cooking Tag Games forum.