Prep 10 mins
Cook 36 mins
Soft cake-like cookies
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces molasses
- 1⁄2 cup shortening, melted
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup boiling water
- Soft together dry ingredients.
- Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
- Turn onto well-floured surface.
- Roll to 1/4" thickness and cut with 3 1/2" cookie cutter.
- Sprinkle with sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes.
- Cool on racks.