Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Have not tried this yet..I found it in an old "receipt" book..
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Butter a jelly roll pan.set aside.
- In a heavy pan, combine sugar,corn syrup and vinegar.
- Cook over low heat till sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently, increase heat to medium.
- cook until candy thermometer reads 245* stirring occasionally.
- Add molasses and remaining butter (2 tbls) and cook, uncovered, until 260*, stirring occasionally --
- Remove from heat and add baking soda, beat well.
- Pour into prepared pan.let stand 5 minutes or cool enough to handle.
- Butter fingers, pull until candy is firm but pliable.
- Color will be light tan.
- When candy is ready for cutting, pull into a 1/2" rope.
- cut in 1" pieces and wrap in waxed paper or colored candy wrappers.