Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is from Mrs. Lester P. Golz, from the cookbook "Heritage of Cooking" A Collection of Recipes from East Perry County, Missouri. To find out more about this cookbook read the description from the first recipe I posted from it Bier Suppe (Beer Soup)
- Combine first eight ingredients into a mixer and beat well.
- Add baking soda; with mixer on low, slowly add boiling water.
- Line two 8-inch round pans with wax paper.
- Grease and flour the sides.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans.