Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 7 mins
From Fairfield Grocery and Market, Shreveport, Louisiana; by way of Southern Living magazine.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- In a nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add in celery and onion; stir/saute 7 minutes or just until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the celery mixture, ground beef, 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, breadcrumbs, and next 5 ingredients.
- Shape mixture into a 10x5 inch loaf and place on a lightly greased broiler rack; place the rack on a foil-lined broiler pan.
- Bake in a 350° oven for 45 minutes.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, and ketchup until well blended.
- Pour sauce evenly over meatloaf; bake 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink in center; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
I made this for dinner tonight. I really liked it. The only thing I'll change next time is to leave out the Greek Seasoning. I didn't really care for the flavor of it. But the texture of the meatloaf was perfect and the cooking direction were perfect. Thanks for sharing. Lisa