Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
The only meatloaf recipe I make! I found it in a cookbook that I purchased at a garage sale over 20 years ago. My family says it's the best meatloaf they've ever eaten! I like this recipe because there is no sauce, but the meat is very moist and flavorful.
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed vegetarian vegetable soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- generous dash black pepper
- Combine all ingredients; mix thoroughly.
- Shape firmly into loaf (8 x 4 x 2 1/2");
- Place in shallow baking pan (thorough mixing and firm shaping will produce a moist, easy-to-slice loaf).
- Bake at 375°F for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Variation: After loaf has baked 1 hour, garnish top with 4 tomato slices and 1/2 cup shredded mild cheese; bake 15 minutes more.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing.