Recipe by pitbullmommy
A traditional meatloaf recipe by Paula Deen. This is the original recipe, I drain the tomato's, add garlic powder, use frozen peppers thawed and use breadcrumbs when I make it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, bell pepper, egg, tomato's and oats well and place in a baking dish. Shape into a loaf.
- Topping: Mix Ketchup, mustard and brown suger for topping and spread on loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour.