Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This has been one of my favorite side dishes. Make it a meal by adding leftover ham or some smoked sausage.
- 946.36 ml macaroni, cooked
- 29.58 ml butter
- 354.88 ml mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 709.77 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine cooked macaroni, butter, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place in a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Combine eggs and milk; pour over macaroni.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
Wonderful Mac & Cheese recipe!!! For me this is a total comfort food and really hit the spot for our lunch. I made a scaled back version to serve the two of us. But when the kids are home for the holidays, will make the full version and this time shred my own sharp cheddar cheese (don't think the bag of shredded cheeses tastes the same). Like CharlotteJ stated, very simple, but to me simple is best most of the time!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2012.
I think out of the 3 mac and cheese recipes I made, this on is my favorite. Very simple and tasty. I did not think there was not going to be enough cheese but it was just perfect. Made for My-3-Chefs June 2012
Comfort food from my child hood, I have tried many recipes and this is the one! I subbed half cooked cauliflower for cooked macaroni, forgot the butter and it was still wonderful!