Recipe by Oh Sherry
Taken from last years Kraft Foods Cookbook. I made this at Thanksgiving and was later asked for the recipe by 2 people. Easy and tasty!
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (7 ounce) package elbow macaroni
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan on low heat, add flour and salt, mix well. Cook appx. 2 minutes or until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring until well blended. Stirring constantly, cook on medium heat until it boils and the mixture starts to thicken.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer until thickened, about 3-5 mintues.
- Add 1-1/2 cups of the cheese, cook until melted, stirring constantly.
- Add macaroni and mix lightly.
- Put into 1-1/2 quart casserole dish, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.