Recipe by emtallie
This is my grandmoms recipe of old fashioned mac and cheese: warning can be fattening!!
Top Review by jdl
yummy!!! i cut the recipe in half to use as a side, would recommend cutting it down to 1/3 if using as a side. as it made an almost overflowing reg size casserole dish by cutting in half. otherwise i've been looking for a recipe like this for ever, so happy to find one that tastes like a friends mom used to make!
- 12 -16 ounces cubed mild cheddar cheese
- 12 -16 ounces cubed sharpsharp white cheddar cheese or 12 -16 ounces colby-jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) cancondensed celery soup or 1 (8 ounce) can cheddar cheese soup
- 8 ounces milk
- 2 lbs ziti pasta or 2 lbs preferred pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 375.
- boil pasta as per package directions cut off about 4 mins cooking time.
- while pasta cooks cube cheese set about half of one flavour cheese aside, I personally set aside about half of the mild cheese.
- drain pasta when finished cooking.
- in pan or large baking dish combine remaining cheese celery soup or cheddar cheese soup, milk, and pasta. Stir to combine well.
- Place set aside cheese over top.
- Place in oven about 45 mins or until cheese on top is a golden brown.