Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my grandmoms recipe of old fashioned mac and cheese: warning can be fattening!!
Make and share this Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven 375.
- boil pasta as per package directions cut off about 4 mins cooking time.
- while pasta cooks cube cheese set about half of one flavour cheese aside, I personally set aside about half of the mild cheese.
- drain pasta when finished cooking.
- in pan or large baking dish combine remaining cheese celery soup or cheddar cheese soup, milk, and pasta. Stir to combine well.
- Place set aside cheese over top.
- Place in oven about 45 mins or until cheese on top is a golden brown.
yummy!!! i cut the recipe in half to use as a side, would recommend cutting it down to 1/3 if using as a side. as it made an almost overflowing reg size casserole dish by cutting in half. otherwise i've been looking for a recipe like this for ever, so happy to find one that tastes like a friends mom used to make!