This recipe is from my 30 year old Betty Crocker Cook Book. I am always asked for this great old recipe by friends so I thought that I would share it with my new friends. This is also a great start for milk gravy and sauage gravy. Not to state chipped beef ,add your beef after step 4. Also good if you add tuna ( 6 1/2 oz) or hot dogs(1 cup) or ham(1 cup) after step 4. So Enjoy!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni as directed on package.
- 2Cook and stir butter, onion,salt and pepper over medium heat until onion is slightly tender.
- 3Blend in flour. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- 4Stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly, Boil and stir 1 minute ; remove from heat.
- 5Stir in cheese until melted.
- 6Place macaroni in ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole. Stir cheese sause into macaroni.
- 7Cook uncovered in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old Fashioned Mac and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 464.3
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 664.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 19.0 g