Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my favorite dessert.I found it in a old cookbook,that u used to be able to by a section a month in a grocery store in the 60s.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg, unbeaten
- 1⁄2 cup unblanched ground almonds
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups scalded milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) packagethawed frozen raspberries, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- sift togeather flour,sugar,baking powder,salt,cinnamon.
- Cut in brown sugar and butter.
- Add egg and almonds.
- Blend with fork or pastry blender.
- Save 1/2 cup of dough,and chill.
- Press remaning dough into bottom and sides of 8in springform pan.
- (Do not cover rim of pan) Fill with cream filling,top with raspberry sauce.
- Sprinkle remaning dough over top.
- Bake (375) 30 to 35 minutes Cream filling beat egg until fluffy,about 2 monutes.
- Gradually add sugar,beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Blend in 1/4 cup of flour and 1/4 tsp salt.
- Gradually add scalded milk,return to top of double boiler,cook (stirring constantly) until thick.
- Cover and cook 4 to 5 minutes,stirring occsionally.
- Add vanilla,cool.
- Raspberry sauce combine raspberries 2 Tsp sugar,2 Tsp corn starch.
- Add lemon juice,bring to boil,cook 5 minutes,unti it starts to thicken.
Outstanding! Crust is sweet, nutty and crumbly, the cream filling is a delicious velvety custard which sweetness and richness is cut through by the raspberries. I had this only once before while traveling Germany, and I must say that this was better than my memories. Thank you!
I made this recipe for my mother to bring to a tea with her and it went over really well. The only change that I made was to use strawberries in place of the raspberries but I plan on trying the raspberry variety the next time I make this. Very good recipe!