Recipe by Maine-iac
This recipe is easy and takes less than 20 minutes. It's one of my weekend favorites and has been a family tradition for years.
Top Review by bella214
I made this for a special romantic dinner for me and my husband. Very delicious and surprisingly easy to make. The pepper flakes were an added twist. We both thought we were dining in a classy restaurant. Thanks Maine-iac.
- 44.37 ml butter
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 clove garlic, minced
- 0.25 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml basil
- 14.79 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 can minced/chopped clams, with juice
- 4.92 ml parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 453.59 g linguine or 453.59 g thin spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 5 qt pot, heat water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion and garlic, and add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, and Old Bay seasoning, stir for one minute Add clams with juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Cover pasta with clam sauce, stir well and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and chilled white wine.