This recipe is easy and takes less than 20 minutes. It's one of my weekend favorites and has been a family tradition for years.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 cans minced/chopped clams, with juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb thin spaghetti
- In a 5 qt pot, heat water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion and garlic, and add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, and Old Bay seasoning, stir for one minute Add clams with juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Cover pasta with clam sauce, stir well and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and chilled white wine.
I made this for a special romantic dinner for me and my husband. Very delicious and surprisingly easy to make. The pepper flakes were an added twist. We both thought we were dining in a classy restaurant. Thanks Maine-iac.
This was excellent! Pasta with clam sauce is a treat I seldom get to enjoy, as my family doesn't much like clams. I divvied the recipe by 3 and had a generous solo dinner with this -- something I will definitely repeat next time I'm dining by my lonesome. This was very easy to prepare, used ingredients I had on hand, and was ready in minutes. The only alteration I made was to omit the onion (my onion looked way past its prime so I left it out); I also used fresh basil and parsley, rather than dried, since I have fresh herbs growing right now. Thanks for the recipe; it's a keeper!
i made this tonight and it was awsome the best i have ever had in 70 years i made the white clam sauce 8 hrs ahead so the spices could meld