This recipe is easy and takes less than 20 minutes. It's one of my weekend favorites and has been a family tradition for years.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 cans minced/chopped clams, with juice
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- parmesan cheese
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb thin spaghetti
- In a 5 qt pot, heat water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt butter and olive oil in pan.
- Sautee onion and garlic, and add crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add lemon juice, oregano, basil, and Old Bay seasoning, stir for one minute Add clams with juice.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain pasta and place in large bowl.
- Cover pasta with clam sauce, stir well and top with parsley and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with warm crusty bread and chilled white wine.