Psalm AKA Typo Qween's Note:
This is another recipe from the Anne of Green Gables cookbook. Please note that prep and cooking times may not be accurate as it has been awhile since I made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add sugar, water, and lemon peel to saucepan. While stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, bring mixture to boil for 5 minutes. remove saucepan from stove and let cool. Squeeze 1 1/2 cups lemon juice and add to the cooled sugar and water mixture.
- 2Pour lemonade syrup into a jar and cover with lid. Syrup can be kept in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
- 3If making the entire amount at once, in a pitcher combine the 10 1/2 cups water with all the lemonade syrup over the ice cubes and stir.
- 4Place lemon slices as well.
- 5**To make individual glasses**.
- 6Place two ice cubes in bottom of glass. Pour 1/4 cup of lemonade syrup over ice cubes. Add 3/4 cup of cold water and stir. Place lemon slice on top and fresh mint if desired.
- 7**For pink lemonade add 1.2 grenadine syrup to jar and shake**.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 90.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of