1/8 Photos of Old-Fashioned Lemonade
This is one of the first recipes that I added to my first recipe file that was my very own, back when I was in junior high school. I have used this recipe ever since whenever I want to make that classic summertime necessity....lemonade. And it has never failed me yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To get the most juice, let lemons stand at room temperature (or microwave lemons on High for just a few seconds before squeezing them). Then roll the lemons on a counter while pushing down firmly (to break the tissues inside) to release more juice.
- 2Mix water, lemon juice, and sugar in a large pitcher until sugar is dissolved.
- 3Refrigerate about 3 hours or until thoroughly chilled.
- 4Pour lemonade over ice cubes in a tall glass. Garnish each serving with a lemon slice and maraschino cherry.
- 5NOTE - Individual tastes for sweetness vary, so feel free to adjust the sugar to suit taste preferences.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Old-Fashioned Lemonade
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 110.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 26.4 g
- Protein 0.2 g