Recipe by Sonja E
This is a recipe that an old friend gave me and it turns out great every time. Big hit at church, family and holiday gatherings.
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 cup margarine, at room temp
- 5 eggs, at room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- 3 cups plain flour (all purpose)
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- cooking spray (or shortening and flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix cooking oil (Crisco works best), sugar, margarine(Can't believe it's not butter works best), eggs, vanilla and lemon flavoring together in a large mixing bowl with mixer on medium speed. Tip: when adding eggs, add two then mix, add two more then mix, add last one and mix.
- In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder together and set aside (can use whisk to mix).
- Slowly add flour/baking powder mixture in with the wet mixture. Tip: Add a little flour mixture and a little milk, repeat until all milk and flour mix has been added. This helps to keep batter texture thick and smooth.
- Spray (Baker's Joy works best) or batter bunt/tube pan thoroughly.
- Pour batter mixture in bunt/tube pan. Place in preheated oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cake is done when cake tester comes out clean.
- GOD BLESS <><.