Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 3 hrs
Cook 8 mins
This came from an old cookbook at my grandmothers. Sometimes when I make these, instead of sprinkling additional sugar and lemon zest on top before baking, I like to finely crush sour lemon candy and sprinkle lightly on each cookie. Press gently into dough and then bake.
- Cream butter and sugar. Mix in egg yolks. Mix well.
- Stir in lemon zest and flour and cornmeal.
- Pat dough into a disc--wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 3-4 hours.
- Roll out on floured surface about 1/2" thick or a little less.
- Cut in desired shapes.sprinkle with additional sugar and lemon zest, if desired.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 8-10 minutes or until edges are just turning golden brown.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to rack to cool completely.