Recipe by **Mandy**
I love this drink so couldn't believe it when I saw it wasn't on Zaar. This is from the back of a packet of Pearl Barley. You can also experiment with a mixture of other citrus juices such as lime or grapefruit.
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- 10 cups water, extra
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated
- 1 cup lemon juice (or other juice of choice)
- 1 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the barley well.
- Cover barley in a pot with cold water & bring to the boil, drain.
- Return barley to saucepan with the lemon rind & 10 cups water, cook slowly for 1 hour.
- Add the lemon juice & sugar and stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Strain and chill to serve.
- Discarded barley can be mixed with some dried fruit & nuts and warm milk and makes a great breakfast.