Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Use a glass bowl or other see-through container to show off the colorful layers. Prep time does not include chilling.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup salad dressing (such as Miracle Whip Salad Dressing)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 medium purple onion, diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped smoked turkey or 1 1⁄2 cups bacon
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and chopped (optional)
- Stir together first 6 ingredients.
- Layer half each of lettuce, next 5 ingredients, and, if desired, cucumber in a bowl. Spread half of dressing over top; repeat layers. Cover and chill 8 hours.
I made this recipe from one I found in Southern Living with a couple of changes. I used cheddar cheese, vidalia onion, real bacon bits, and a bag of chopped romaine. The dressing is OK ~ next time I won't use all of it. I also put the peas in frozen and it worked out fine. A good salad that makes a ton. Thanks for posting.