Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Take a trip back in time to the county fair with a bowl of this kettle corn, your family may never want plain popcorn again!
- 1⁄2 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (or use white salt) (optional)
- Place the oil in the bottom of a large pot.
- Add in the unpopped popcorn kernels with the sugar and salt.
- Over a medium heat begin to pop the popcorn, constantly shaking the pot to ensure that the popcorn kernels and oil do not burn.
- Once the popping has slowed down remove the pot from the heat.
oh wow!! this was wonderful!! i was skeptical that i could make kettle corn as awesome as any vender at a fair...but it worked and it was awesome! thank you so much. now i can make kettle corn anytime i want! thanks for another keeper!!
Excellent. I did as others have suggested and added the sugar & salt after the first kernels started to pop. I had no problems with burning.
This was very good and krispy popcorn. I did have a problem with the sugar mixture on the bottom of the pan burning, which got all over most of the popcorn when I was trying to mix in some extra salt. I might try someone elses recommendation and put in the sugar mixture after it's started popping.