Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Just plain heaven!!
- 1 (9 inch) pie shells
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Rinse berries thoroughly, drain, remove stems. Pat dry.
- Crush enough of the berries to make 1 1/2 cups berry pulp and juice.
- Combine the crushed berries and juice in a saucepan with the sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and salt.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cook until mixture thickens and turns clear.
- Stir in butter and cook one more minute.
- Arrange whole berries in baked pie shell.
- Pour the hot berry mixture over them.
- Let cool.
- Chill several hours.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or top servings with whipped cream.