Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious meal your family will repeatedly ask you for over and over again. This is scrumptious and I learned this from my friend Eileen.
- 2 lbs unpared small white potatoes
- 1⁄4 lb sliced bacon
- 1⁄2 lb frankfurter (sliced 3/8-inch thick at angle)
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped green peppers
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 4 shelled hard-boiled eggs
- Cook potatoes, covered in 1" boiling salted water until just tender, about 35 minutes.
- Saute bacon in skillet till crisp.
- Remove to paper towel.
- In same skillet, saute frankfurters in bacon fat till brown.
- Remove franks.
- In same skillet, reserve 2 tbs. bacon fat.
- Saute 1/2 Cup minced onion until tender but not brown.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt and pepper;add vinegar and water;stir until blended.
- Stir into sauted onions;simmer until thickened,stirring.
- Add slices of hot peeled potatoes about 1/4 inch thick.
- Add 1/4 Cup minced onion,green pepper,parsley and celery seeds.
- In bowl,arrange in layers potato salad, franks,eggs(sliced lengthwise) and crumbled bacon.